The Registration process described on here is for Festival performers, vendors, resource agencies and artisans. Volunteers can sign up via the link at the bottom of this page.
POLICY STATEMENT: Please read mission statement and policies carefully
before submitting a registration form.
The purpose of the Charlottesville Festival of Cultures is to:
- Celebrate the cultural and linguistic diversity in our community,
- Increase awareness of that diversity in a respectful environment,
- Provide an opportunity for building a bridge of communication between newcomers and established residents in the area,
- Showcase the contributions of newcomers to our community.
All participants must abide by the values expressed in the mission statement: respect, educate, and celebrate.
Exhibitors, non-profit agencies, and artisan vendors:
Payment must be received in advance of the Festival. No exceptions!
tables are 6’ long. If you bring your own table, it can be no more
than 6’. Limit of one table per exhibitor or organization.
banners or signage can hang from the tent. Anything hanging from the
table or exhibited on the table cannot extend beyond the table length.
Signage and displays should not obstruct hosts of the table as we want
to emphasize interaction.
- No soliciting.
- No proselytizing.
- No political messages.
- No electricity provided (except for photo activity and sound system).
- Acceptable non-profit agencies are those that contribute or provide a service that is useful to the population that attends.
vendors are those that sell their own work or the work of other artists
– not work that is mass-produced. We strive to promote artisans and
cultural importers engaged in fair trade.
- Fees: Cultural Exhibitors—Free; Artisan Vendors—$50; Non-profit agencies—$100
- We have limited slots.
priority is with those performers who are representing their own
culture. Others who have studied the music or dance of another culture
are also accepted as time permits, as we recognize that music and dance
are a bridge to communication and connection.
- We also make every attempt to have representation of a variety of cultures and performance type.
- Food vendors must comply with all Health Department regulations.
- Fee: $100 to the Festival (plus any fee imposed by the Health Department, payable to them).
- For more information on food vending at the Festival, please contact the festival coordinator
We reserve the right to refuse the participation of an organization or performer that does not meet our criteria.
Links to Registration Forms